Dr. Moisés A. Arriaga’s clinical practice and research interests are focused on medical and surgical treatment of disorders of the Ear, Hearing, Balance, Facial Nerve, Acoustic Neuroma, and Skull Base Tumors. Dr. Arriaga serves as Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology and Neurosurgery as well as Director of Otology and Neurotology at the LSU Health Sciences Center Department of Otolaryngology. He is medical director of the Our Lady of the Lake Hearing and Balance Center in Baton Rouge, the CNC Hearing and Balance Center in New Orleans, and the Childrens Hospital Cochlear Implant Program in New Orleans.
Dr. Arriaga is a native of New Orleans and received his medical education at Brown University Medical School, General Surgery Internship at Ochsner Foundation, Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Residency at the University of Pittsburgh, and Neurotology Fellowship at the House Ear Institute in Los Angeles. From 1991 to 1996 he served as Director of Neurotology for the US Air Force at Wilford Hall Medical Center Lackland AFB in San Antonio, Texas, and attained the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Dr. Arriaga supplemented his medical training with an MBA from Alvernia College in 2004.
Dr. Arriaga has edited or co-edited more than six textbooks, authored more than twenty five book chapters and over 130 publications in scientific journals. He lectures regularly nationally and internationally on advances in Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery.
Dr. Arriaga is a diplomate of the American Board of Otolaryngology with certification in both Otolaryngology and Neurotology. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Fellow of the American Otological Society, and a member of the North American Skull Base Society. He currently serves as president of the American Neurotology Society.
- Brown University, Providence, RI
- Brown Medical School, Providence, RI
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
- Ochsner Foundation, New Orleans
- House Ear Clinic and House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, CA
- Board Certification in Neurotology
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- President, American Neurotology Society
- La. Commission for the Deaf, Appointed Oct. 18, 2013
- American Neurotology Society : Secretary-Treasurer; Executive Council
- Otology and Neurotology Journal: Board of Directors and Editorial Board
- Otosclerosis Study Group: President-elect
- CPT and RVU Committee, American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Acoustic Neuroma Association