Social distancing impacts conversations for those suffering from hearing loss. A person with hearing impairment is unable to hear a conversation when they are several feet away. It is also more difficult to read lips. A face mask tends to muffle the volume as well, making it difficult to hear.
During the pandemic, holiday visits will require better hearing. It can be difficult for a person with hearing loss to follow a conversation via Zoom or Facetime.
You might have hearing loss if you:
- often need people to repeat what they are saying
- have difficulty following conversations
- people sound muffled or like they’re mumbling
- have difficulty hearing in situations like parties or meetings
- have trouble hearing children and women
- need your TV or radio turned up high volume
- have ringing in your ears
- read lips or more intently watch people’s faces when they speak with you
- tinnitus, or ringing in the ears, can also be a sign of hearing loss.
Today’s hearing devices have advanced to the digital age and they are barely noticeable. They can be custom-fit to restore your particular hearing loss, whether it is high or low frequency. Many can be controlled by smart phone and adjusted for various environments, like outdoors, restaurants, etc.
If you or a loved one is experiencing hearing loss, call CNC Hearing and Balance for an appointment at 504-934-8320.